I sit here drinking my "relaxation" herbal tea that I bought when I was a stress case a couple months ago. Dude, I can't tell you how many posts I've started but haven't finished, that still lie unpublished in the list of my posts. Actually, I can tell you. It's about three. Which isn't a lot. And it also tells you that for someone who likes writing, it's hardly anything at all.
I realized that I can't just be perfect at writing. I can't produce perfect pieces. Heck, I can't always produce even good pieces. The point is to just write. Do it. Get it done. And then some day I may be decent at it.
So that's what this post is. It's a piece of writing that needs to happen to get me going again. And it's not going to be good. It's just going to be something.
For the sake of filling more white with words, I'll say that I've sort of changed my whole lifestyle over the past month. I don't eat refined sugar or flour anymore, and I mostly eat plants. I LOVE ICE CREAM and all sorts of other sugary food-like substances so this has been no walk in the park for me. But the other day, I ate a quinoa dish that I made on a whim, and it was incredible. I felt like I'd eaten pasta. And bread. And cookies. And I realized that I don't NEED all that stuff. God has made so many beautiful plants and things that grow and it's all meant to fuel our bodies and keep us alive. And they happen to be delicious. So how lucky are we?!
I also made a smoothie one time with avocado in it and it was so creamy.
Happy Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment