16 was my first time at Slurp,
my first time with expletives bouncing around my head even when I told them to leave and even when I didn't,
and chances to serve, chances to learn, and chances to work harder than before.
16 brought many a tear to my eyes, many a hopeless feeling,
and not very many boys.
16 allowed me to get into a car and mess up a few times. (Don't worry, I didn't put anyone's life in danger).
16 was absolutely exhausting.
But I've had the best of friends accompany me during 16.
16 has brought me joy,
exhilaration,
satisfaction,
gratitude,
L.O.V.E. (and I want you to read it as if you're saying the letters one by one, because that sounds cool),
and I am a different person.
Right now, I am 16 going on 17. And I'm relishing it.
Thanks, 16. I waited for you my whole entire life and now you've come and gone
so I thought I should pay tribute to you.


No comments:
Post a Comment