Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Gift

"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."
Norman Vincent Peale


I wish you the merriest of Christmases. It snowed yesterday and I couldn't help but feel a little smile in my heart. Christmas is such a gift.

Christmas is pink and green popcorn balls, pajamas with our pictures on the shirts, and the words "Ho Ho Ho, Family!" ringing from upstairs. It's late nights of trying to catch Santa Clause, butterflies that keep me awake on Christmas Eve, and Pillsbury snowman/Christmas tree sugar cookies. Christmas is always filled with twinkling lights, ornaments with the faces of mine and my siblings plastered on them, and sweets or twisted mint hand soap from the neighbors.

Christmas is a full belly from hot chocolate with way too much whipped cream.

But Christmas is also something more.

Christmas would not BE if it weren't for our Savior Jesus Christ. Not gonna lie, it's been terribly easy for me to forget that in the past. (One year for Christmas Eve, my parents gave Aaron and I each a lovely framed picture of Christ. I remember being way more upset than the situation called for. I love my picture now). I'm so eternally grateful that He died for me and suffered immensely for my sins. And that He understands.

I'm SO happy He was born. Christmas is the time to celebrate that glorious day, when the world was changed
forever.

And so I'll celebrate.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Alessia. Wish you a very blessed & joyous Christmas season and a very prosperous & Christ centered New year. I am so glad to know you thorugh your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog " Alessia: A cointinued story" I am blessed to know you and stop by your blog post was a blessing. Sharing your experience about the Savior who died for all of us.Your another blog which speaks about your three other friends is also wonderful. It was not an acciednt to come across your profile. God has a plan and He may want you to get expeosed to the missions He has for the lost humanity. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encoruage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short/ long term missions trip to work with us during their vacation time. Since you aspire to serve others for the rest of your life, it would be so great to have you come with your other three friends to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst pooorest of poor by being hands and feet of Jesus to serve those who are in need of help. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you and your friends too as you seek God's leading in this matter.

    ReplyDelete