Friday, December 5, 2014

Star Gazing

I've been pondering on life.

Why do you like vanilla ice cream the best and why do I like peanut butter/chocolate ice cream the best? Do we have similar dreams? Why did this story make me cry, but why didn't you like it?

Why are you mad at so and so? Never mind.


What made you decide to start drinking coffee? What got you into theater, or soccer, or basketball, or writing, or painting, or playing the saxophone?

Do you have to look in your closet and under the bed every night? I do.

I like to look at the stars. They aren't out tonight, but in my mind's eye they're dazzling. It makes me dizzy to stare into the sky for too long, and it gives me a headache to think that the stars stretch into the void infinitely. But they each have a purpose. They're all in line, in place.

If only I could be like a star.

Some day I'm going to stand on top of the world and shout "I MADE IT! I DID ALL MY HOMEWORK ON TIME AND ALWAYS OBEYED MY PARENTS!"

Why did you smirk at me and not answer my questions? It's because you're a person and people have backgrounds that I have absolutely no clue about so I'm going to wash my snap judgments down the drain.

Can we be friends? Let's be friends, please. I know you're a horrible listener but I'm not perfect either--I'm really not--so we're even.

I'm learning stuff. Lots of stuff. I'm trying to find my place, my purpose. The sky extends far beyond my comprehension, so there must be a spot for me somewhere.

I didn't particularly enjoy being flipped off by a Utah Driver this evening.

But I forgive them.


No comments:

Post a Comment